In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Saturday, January 9, 2021

First Figures of 2021



Some productive mining of the leadpile as I finish this first batch of miniatures for the year.

These are also the last of my 15mm German vehicles, having sat in my "unpainted WW2" box for about 12 years! The box is now empty except for a platoon of early war French MMGs and some random pieces that should move to my Bits Box.

A pack of 3 Old Glory Command Decision Opel Blitz trucks painted in late war camouflage, since I've already got 4 in early war grey.

A platoon's worth of Old Glory Command Decision Sdkfz251 half tracks. Again in camouflage. I have 2 platoons in grey already and the Germans might want to mount a counter attack in Italy, Russia or Normandy.


Finally an addition to the recce force with a pair of Sdkfz234 armoured cars, one 234/1 and a Puma.




I have no idea what make these are. They were gifted to me about 12 years ago by someone for whom I was painting 28mm Canadians and Italians. But they are really lovely kits, well thought out, good detail but easy to assemble and minimal flash. A nice contrast to the Old Glory kits which even 12 years ago had a lot of flash, squashed details and heavy mold lines.

Decals are left over 1/600 aircraft decals.

2 comments:

  1. Working on a 6mm tank today myself! These look awesome James, though I had to chuckle at, " have 2 platoons in grey already and the Germans might want to mount a counter attack in Italy, Russia or Normandy." Gamers logic! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The over arching objective has been to be able to field a German force from 1939 through to 1945.
      Didn't have any LW halftracks

      Delete