In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Sunday, November 7, 2021

Cars for Pottersville

 Until recently my Pulp Gangster town for The Chicago Way games has been sadly lacking in cars. Die cast trucks are pretty easy and cheap to find, but period cars are quite rare. I almost bought some resin and metal from Great Escape Games so I could have more than the odd selection of roadsters, coupes and jallopies that I currently possessed.

But my good friend Don has taken to 3D printing like a fiend and found a fellow doing 20s period car designs for printing and ran me off a baker's dozen. The interiors are printed as a separate piece to make painting easier and then just push fit inside.

Here are the first three.




Here is the truck beside a recondition matchbox toy. 

The cars scale quite well with the figures I think.



7 comments:

  1. And not a Keystone Cop in sight….

    Really nice prints James and I like the colours you’ve gone with for them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow,points are really getting ubiquitous, nice additions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm guessing autocorrect changed 'prints' on you?

      Delete
  3. Those are nice! 3D printing has come a long way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice. 3D printing is getting very good these days

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow for the second time - these really are great! I have gone the Matchbox Yesteryear route but these 3d prints are undoubtedly a superior option....might have to consider a 3D printer one day....

    ReplyDelete