Getting conjunctivitis as part of my Covid symptoms over the holidays has thrown a spanner into painting plans. Fortunately these buildings from Warbases are simple enough that I didn't have to focus too much and even did some of the work one-eyed!
I started building on them November 25, but set them aside while I overthought the roofs and built the supply wagons.
They are fast and easy to assemble. In hindsight I should have painted the walls and timbers before assembly, but I am an impatient modeler. The two story building says that the roof isn't removable. Challenge accepted! I added some interior supports with balsa wood and cut a floor out of card. Then I cut some roof trusses out of corrugated box board. I also topped off the open chimneys with some proper chimney pots made from plastic tubes.
|Adding a second floor and making the roof removable|
|An hour's work|
|Roof after shingles|
|Managed to finish a 2nd battalion of Prussian musketeers while I was at it!|