I started these over a month ago and it was slow going. Grandchildren visiting and a flurry of end of year cadet activities sapped my time and energy. Being distracted by tiny ships during available hobby time didn't help either. (Focus! Focus!) But a breakthrough during a recording session of the Podcast (we are discussing Napoleonic rules in this episode, so it seemed appropriate) last Friday got me to within touch of the goal line. A bad night's sleep caused by a thunderstorm of a headache, and the resultant calling in sick got the bases painted and flocked.
These are Perry guns and limber. 6 horse teams, although accurate, are unwieldly on the table top, so I moved a pair of horses over to a Warbases MDF ammunition caisson. The limber came with a figure on foot, so I based one of the officers separately in case I need an artillery Big Man.
Two 6 pounder field guns and one 7 pounder howitzer. The wheels had a lot of venting flash and were a bit deformed during unmolding.
I tried a different painting technique to take advantage of the dark Leviadon Blue contrast paint I bought to try out. Kinda frustrating as it actually didn't flow and cover as well as I'd expected. I kept finding white dots in creases and corners that I had to fix.
Lovely looking Prussian artillery, I've just got the warbase MDF ammunition caisson, I hope mine comes up as well as yours, it looks great!ReplyDelete
The artillery and caisson make a great little vignette; your back ground image with the fog/smoke works splendidly.ReplyDelete
Great job on the artillery, James. I have to say, I also really like the way you've photographed the minis - very polished! Not bad for a man who came down with a bad case of grandchildren.ReplyDelete
Turned out well. I love the stage of a project where you get to play around with more characterful / vignette type pieces like this.ReplyDelete