In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Getting Blinged Up

A milestone last night as I was presented with my Canada Decoration for 12 years service.

This is the least of all Armed Forces decorations, jokingly referred to as the award for "12 years undiscovered crime."

But for CIC officers it is 12 years of evenings, weekends, vacation time. Unlike Primary Reserve, we are expected to work more than our alloted 25 days pay per year. I always tell new officers that with prep time on lessons, and planning activities, they should expect to work twice that.

And when you see a bright young person flourish, and tell you what a positive influence you were on their life, it's worth it.

2 comments: