In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Monday, February 5, 2024

It's A Charge Lads!

I bought a unit of cavalry for each side during the Black Friday Sale. Joshua Qualtieri was very accommodating and gave me Crusader and Croftyran helmet heads, since I want more of a 1918-interwar look, rather than a 1914 look. All his cavalry figures use the same bodies, so this was a very easy conversion once I selected the basic figures.

The Crusaders are inspired by Canadian Mounted Rifle regiments during the First World War. During the Hundred Days, the Canadian Cavalry Brigade performed valuable service leading the Corps advance in cooperation with armoured car units (significantly,  the 1st Canadian Motor Machine Gun Brigade, the first fully motorized combat unit in history) and aircraft. 

Crusader cavalry trooper firing derringer 

All the pieces! Before...


After, firing a carbine from the saddle 

The Croftyran cavalry are inspired by French late First World War lancers. Because I like lance armed cavalry. And it helps them look more traditional than the Crusaders. 

Royalist cavalry. Before...

After

Weekend's progress, 4 of each. 5 more to go. Then the infantry and weapons teams!


Noticed a proper tractor crew head on one of the head sprues, so that's a second Centurion ready to paint!

Progress is slow, because the little fiddly bits need to set properly before gluing the next piece on. And spending time over the weekend organizing Hot Lead as well. But I'm just taking my time and enjoying the process. The infantry and weapons teams will be faster, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment