In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Plastic Quar! Oh, Wait....

 


So the long anticipated plastic Quar starter set is now available to order.

I confess that I suffered considerable sticker shock and disappointment at the price of USD$79/Cdn$108! After all I need 3 or 4 sets for what I've got planned. 

As a crusty old we-used-to-convert-our-miniatures-with-plasticene grognard, who's always looked at boxed sets with suspicion and distrust, I was dismayed.

But after some comparisons with other games (Test of Honour, Infinity, Judge Dredd etc) it seems that this is actually a pretty good deal. If I needed the rules, dice, and bases, that is.

So I'll just have to be patient, trust in the Ancestors, paint my metal figures, and wait for a plastic figures only option.

Unboxing Video 


3 comments:

  1. I too was a tad surprised at the cost but have ordered a box regardless. I await with mounting enthusiasm…
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am waiting. I have my own Quar project to do later this year but luckily, I probably have enough metal Quar for my needs. i might get some sprues eventually, but I really don't have much interest in the rule book and cards. and I need more D6s like I need more rocks in my driveway. 😁
    still, I'm glad that the Quar are getting some love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm rather in the same boat.
      I'd like the plastics to bulk out title sections and do some conversions to get rifle grenades and bombers for more WW1 vibe.
      And NCOs, I need section leaders.

      Delete