In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Some More Painting











Thinking back on the past year I've been quite productive. Too bad it's mostly been for others. The money has been helpful but like the cobbler's children going without shoes I've had trouble getting my own lead pile worked on!

These are some 28mm Pontoonier British infantry from the Second (?) Burmese War of 1885. They should be in kahki but the customer wanted them in Home Service scarlet for fighting off invading Martians or Russians. And the customer is never wrong!

Really nice figures, with lovely sculpting details and fine casting. Very little flash.

Too bad they've got a non-existant web presence and one only seems to be able to buy any of their figures if one finds them at a convention. I'm not sure how the pack contents are arranged since there were three officers, three sergeants and two buglers.

But as you can see the proprtions, animation and details are quite well done. The selection of figures given to me to paint were some kneeling and standing firing line types, some advancing skirmishing poses and the command pictured plus two buglers.

Like the Natal Carabineers they are all based on 1 inch fender washers. I then build up the base with epoxy and coat in a fine white sand-blasting medium. Once the glue dries I paint the base dark brown and dry bush kahki before gluing on tufts of flock. My 15mm WW2 Canadians get much the same treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment