In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Best Kept Secret

I have to mention a super thing that even 4Ground doesn't mention.

On many of their frames there is a little stick with an angled end.

It's just there. I think it might be to test the laser before it starts cutting parts.

But it's brilliantly handy.

The angled edge is great for spreading glue. The point is good for clearing beads of glue out of corners and the square end is good for pressing in small panels and bits. Far more handy than using toothpicks!

And you get several with each kit, so if one gets gunked up with dry glue, replacement is easy. I've taken to saving unused ones from the kits and keeping them near my glues and toothpicks.

4 comments:

  1. The instructions for the 4 Ground wagons I've built do actually mention the stick, for both pushing small parts out of the sprue/sheet and spreading glue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Damn, how'd I miss that? Here I thought I was on to something! :)

      Delete