In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Friday, January 26, 2018

More MDF Goodness

There are MDF kits like Warbases or Xolk; basic unpainted laser cut kits that require a lot of pimping to make them look good. Some like Sarissa are very nice. Then you have the next level up with 4Ground; interesting designs, prepainted and an hour or two with some glue and you've got a building ready to play. Then there's the Gold Standard with Crescent Root Studio; painted, assembled and flocked. Ready to play right out of the box.

I was cruising the Crescent Root Studio website after Christmas and noticed that their 15mm Normandy set was being taken out of production on 1 Jan 2018. I quickly made Mrs. Rabbitman aware of this alarming news. Now last year she had purchased for me for Christmas two of the buildings, which she was quite impressed with, and I put them to immediate use in some Chain of Command battles.

There had been talk of maybe getting me the rest for my birthday, but she decided that a cell phone to help run my Air Cadet Squadron was more pressing at the time. Admittedly, the phone has been a Godsend for coping with the recurring urgent crises that one faces when in command.

But now time was running out! Fortunately Mrs Rabbitman is a sound financial manager so an order was duly authorized and made with one day to spare.  This time I also ordered the destroyed upper stories for each building.

This week, returning home from work at 0215 I checked our mail box to find a lovely big USPS box from Crescent Root Studio containing my three buildings all neatly wrapped and labeled. 


Bed time was delayed as I had to unwrap them, set them up, snap some cellphone pictures and duly Tweet and Facebook their happy arrival.
Notice the clever jigsaw tabs to connect the garage to the main house

I did resist heading off to the Basement of Rabbits to set up a game though. That happened on Friday (side benefit of working 10 hour evening shifts is getting Friday off). So here are some pictures taken with the slightly better camera in my tablet.

Green House

Yellow House

Back of Yellow House and front of Green House across the street

White House with yard

Back of White House. I need a Citröen to park in front of the garage I think!

New houses with shell damaged floors in place
As you can see, they fit well with the 4Ground buildings. I'm also thinking that I need to make bases for my 4Ground to include the walkways and garden walls.

1 comment: