In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Thursday, December 17, 2020

Magnetic Mayhem

So, my big order of rare earth magnets arrived on Monday and after dinner I started gluing teenie-tiny magnets to flight stands and bellies of aircraft.

Glue all over my fingertips. Naturally, all of my tweezers are ferrous, so were no help manipulating 3mm x .5mm discs. But I soldiered on and got all of the flight stands and Japanese aircraft done.

Once the glue set I naturally wanted to try things out. There followed a quick reminder of magnetic polarity. I had forgotten to flip the magnets before gluing them to the aircraft!

Frustration. Anger. Harsh words. Went to bed in defeat. 

After 2 sick days I returned to my hobby space and found several flight stands with the correct polarity to match the Japanese, so that I only needed 10 more to mount all of my Japanese aircraft. 

But lesson learned and I made sure to rotate the magnets before gluing them to the bellies of my USN aircraft. 

Now all of my PTO models are done now and ready for a game this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment