In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Saturday, September 4, 2021

Scharf's Schützen Part 2

Scharfschutzen

I enjoyed painting the Front Rank schützen so much, I had to get more. So I ordered 6 more riflemen, an officer, a musician and a Jaeger marching to act as an NCO. 

Now Scharf's Schützen are a 2 group Formation with solid leadership. I played about with the "Sharpulator" last night and these guys are going to run in at 40 points. Equal to 8 groups of basic line infantry!

So here are the characters. 

Hauptmann Ricard Scharf, hard drinking, cunning light troops Leader (Level 3). He's a  ruggedly handsome fellow with an impressive weapon naturally. I decided to add a spare Hät plastic plume to his helmet. My references are indeterminate as to whether a Schützen officer would have a plume or not, so the Rule of Cool decided. 

Note rank marking on collar!

Feldwebel Dominic Harfner (level 2). Solid, dependable, good in a fight. He keeps the lads in line and looks after everyone with a smack from his Sergeant's cane or a gentle word depending on the circumstances. Unfortunately the model is carrying his rifle in his left hand. The cane which was the NCO's badge of office, would be hanging from a button on the left of his tunic. 




Musician Matthias Huber. I saw a recommendation from someone I respect that spending a point on a Musician is  real Force Multiplier by doubling the command radius of the force commander. So I'll give it a shot.  Plus he looks super cool with the hunting horn and sleeve braid.



The schützen. While painting them, I took the opportunity to fix an error on the first group.





All together and ready to take the fight to the enemy!


7 comments:

  1. I think these are my favorites of your napoleonics that you’ve posted. Excellent attention to detail

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think these are my favorites of your napoleonics that you’ve posted. Excellent attention to detail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think my enthusiasm for the figures really shows.
      But the Front Rank are so beautifully sculpted you can't help but pay attention to the details
      Wait until I get to the artillery! 😉

      Delete
  3. I'm still quietly giggling about the name ;) Nice work on the figures.

    ReplyDelete