In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Sunday, April 3, 2022

Quick Scatter Terrain

While basing up my Big Sexy Trees I slapped these together some pieces of rocky scatter terrain, because I'm feeling a bit Dwarvish right now.

I bought a big bag of cedar bark mulch at the garden center two years ago. Last year I sorted out a bunch of it and dried it on a low heat in the oven.

I've been staring at the box of prepped bark for a while now and I wanted to see how it would look on the table.

So some pieces of cedar bark mulch are glued onto CDs. Sand is glued around them.

Paint. Dark brown and tan on the base. Black, dark grey, mid grey and light grey on the rocks.

Flock and done.







Simples.

6 comments:

  1. Very nice! Adding the shrub to the group of rocks really makes it look natural and realistic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It also hides a cavity that didn't get sand etc

      Delete
  2. Great looking rapid terrain and super useful!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some nice looking outcrops. Think I'll make some very similar efforts myself after seeing these.

    ReplyDelete