In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Schützen Vor!


Each sprue of Perry Plastic Prussians has a Volunteer Jaeger figure as well, so you end up with quite group of them after you've assembled a few boxes. But each regiment had a company sized detachment of them, so they were fairly ubiquitous. And they do make a nice skirmish line for General d'Armee, giving me almost enough stands for all my planned Prussian battalions..


When I was gluing these together, I was thinking I needed shako heads to convert French Middle Guards into Lutzow's Freikorps at the time, so I used a lot of the peaked cap heads, instead of more shakos. Then I decided shaving epaulettes would be tedious and abandoned Lutzow's Freikorps and immediately wished I had saved more heads in caps for some Reservists. 

Oh well.

A friend gifted me this nice metal Fusilier and another plastic Jaeger (the one wearing a shako in the top picture) at the Lard Eh event in May.

So they're added to the skirmish line. Can't have oddball figures left lying about when I can put them to use!



 

6 comments:

  1. Great looking skirmishers and waste not want not, have you had a look at the wargames Atlantic Prussians?
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only seen the pictures.
      Not sure I need THAT many Reservists!

      Delete
  2. I really like the photo- it looks like they are scouting ahead through a mountain pass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The figures come out brighter against the dark mountains as opposed to the misty background I used last time too.

      Delete
  3. These and your other recent Prussians look absolutely marvellous. I too really like your basing of these skirmishers.
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete