In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Friday, April 1, 2016

Old Friends Returned

Many years ago I spent a lot of my allowance on Rocco Mini-tanks to use with my Airfix soldiers.
Eventually I passed them along to my friend so he and his young son could use them.
Then while perusing the Bring & Buy at Hotlead I see these


My friend's son is grown and he is moving house, so there were all my old Mini-tanks some 30 years later being sold off at 2 bucks each.
The Centurions were my favourites (I like the Centurion still) and these two were the backbone of the armoured corps for my African Imagine-ation, Ruanda in their long struggle with the neighbouring and quite aggressive People's Republic of Simbaziland.
Now reunited to me, they guard the Canadian section of my book shelf.

2 comments:

  1. They couldn't have found a better home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. My friend and I were pleased to spot some of my other old Mini-tanks being played with by some youngsters at Hotlead. So at least 3 generations of gamers for a few of them!

      Delete