In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Basing Bling

It's all about "bases, faces, flags and shields" right? 

Those are the parts that really make a unit pop on the table.

So I had the brilliant idea to add a discarded French shako to Blücher's base and make him pop that little bit more.

Someone had given me a pair of French Chasseurs a Cheval which were one of the free Warlord Games plastic sprues that often come with Wargames Illustrated magazine. 

Painted the shako on the sprue and then cut it from the head. A quick dab of black to cover the exposed plastic and then tweezers and superglue to position it among the long grass at Marshall Vorwarts' feet.

6 comments:

  1. Great work and totally agree about bases being a very important component of the overall impression. I started this trick a few years back when I realised how many spare parts you are left with from each box of plastic figures...fir a while, all my units had half a discarded drum on them...till I ran out of them! Now it's mainly headgear and the occasional dropped weapon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat touch, extra details sell the look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An excellent idea, which I plan to borrow at once :-)

    Regards, Chris.

    ReplyDelete