In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Thursday, July 8, 2021

Russian Command

My Russians are done*.

I got my quartet of Russian Generals from Front Rank finished, so this means that all of my Napoleonic Russians are painted!

I have Barclay de Tolly and an ADC as a Divisional command and then two brigade commanders looking appropriately heroic. The chap waving his hat is Bagration. So bit of a demotion but he definitely should be leading from the front. 


Barclay de Tolly in Sharp Practice will be a Deployment Point. 






The single commanders can possibly be very Big Men. So I'll probably only ever use one of them in SP. I suppose the second could be a Secondary DP if needed until I get a spiffy ammunition caisson or something.


Bagration was a one piece casting. The others you have to select the horses separately. But I was extremely pleased and impressed with how well they sat on the horses and also that the reins actually lined up with the hands! (Old Glory, Warlord Games, I'm looking at you.)

These figures are absolutely scrumptious and were a joy to paint. They are packed with details and those details are crisply sculpted and easy to paint. I was inspired to really stretch myself, putting extra effort into the faces and adding more highlights. I even painted the eyes! Something that I haven't bothered to do in years.

The drum is from an extra sprue of French comnand that Hät included in my order.

*until I buy more that is. I'm just waiting for the Perry plastic Russian cavalry to be released. 

3 comments:

  1. Fine looking officers there James. I really like one piece castings. The fit is so much better, as you note. I have taken to gluing horse and rider prior to undercoating to make a pseudo one!
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely looking figures and your painting really brings out their character. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. James you are knocking it out of the park with these figures, definitely showing the Front Rank figures the love they deserve. I look forward to seeing them on the table.

    ReplyDelete