In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Friday, July 2, 2021

Bavarian Jaegers



My second formation of Bavarian troops is ready for a Sharp Practice game now. Two groups of light infantry with an NCO. Started on Monday and ready to paint and flock the bases by Thursday night!






These are all from the Hät "Bavarian Infantry (Action Poses)" set with the hornist and NCO coming from the Command Pack. One group and the Big Man have red plumes for the elite company, which in a French light battalion would be called the carabiniers, but who knows what they are called in German?



Painting was extra distressing, being plastic figures in dynamic poses, there are a lot of places that in newer kits would be accommodated with separate parts to get the gaps and undercuts. You just have to fill in the solid parts with paint and hope no one notices, but from three feet they look fine.

Every brigade of Bavarian infantry had a Jaeger battalion to four line battalions. I can get 3 more six figure groups, so I'll have lots. I should probably do some line battalion light companies too, just for completeness when I play General d'Armee etc.







4 comments: