In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Thursday, July 21, 2022

Prussian Fusiliers

Those two boxes of Perry plastic Prussians that I was gifted have generated 2x 16 figure battalions of Musketeers with command, and 3x 16 figure battalions without command groups who will be painted as Fusilier battalions. Each Prussian line infantry regiment had 2 battalions of Musketeers and 1 battalion of Fusiliers with black belting and given some skirmish training. My Bavarians and Russians have a few battalions without command groups and they aren't that annoying on the tabletop. Painting these as Fusiliers, who as far as I can ascertain, didn't carry flags anyway, fills a gap in my Prussian Order of Battle.




While working on the Fusiliers I also did this trio of Perry metal senior officers which were part of the original birthday present from Scott that kicked off the whole expansion of my "simple little Sharp Practice project."

They are all one piece castings, which surprised me. But I don't mind one piece mounted models. Makes assembly easy at any rate.

I quite like this fellow.

This one too.

This chap is OK, but filled in gap between shako and sabre had to be thought about. Too thick to carve out. I tried and damaged the tip of the sabre a bit.

So more mounted Big Men of Sharp Practice, or I can have lots of brigades for General d'Armee, once I finish painting all of them at any rate.

3 comments:

  1. Nice brushwork. Can't have too many Prussians.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers. My Bavarians would argue with you about that, but Scott has a lot of French!

      Delete
  2. I really like the commander with his sword out behind him; the foggy background is great too.

    ReplyDelete