I guess I should have laid out my phaselines in a different order, but I do prefer to execute operations on a multi-pronged, broad front approach. While waiting for glue to set, or paint to dry, I will bash on with the next thing to get it ready.
This past weekend being a snowy, hide inside with Covid symptoms, kind of weekend, I got a lot done. Cutting bases, soaking to remove old bases, gluing, painting and flocking are all kind of brainless, low skill, jobs. So perfect for when you aren't at your best.
My 4 Bavarian and 2 Russian gun crews have all been rebased on 70 x 70 mm bases so that they match nicely with my 140mm long limbers. I did put one Bavarian artillery officer on a round base in case I need an artillery Big Man.
|Front Rank artillery officer|
|Front Rank guns and crews|
|Perry guns and crews with Perry limber|
|Notice that the chap shoving the charge into the howitzer lines up better with the muzzle now.|
I think this will reduce wear and tear on the figures, which I was worrying about on their single bases, and make them easier to store too. I have kept the guns loose so that they can be hooked up to limbers or abandoned.
I have also made a lot of progress on Phases 1 and 3 as well:
|Bavarian fusiliers primed and base coated!|
|Russian uhlans trotting towards priming!|
While looking at the Old Geezer in the mirror, and wondering who he was, and how he had gotten into my house, I had a bit of insight.
I think the reason that the Napoleonic era has gotten it's hooks into me so well this past year is that 11 year old me, who was trying to do this with Airfix figures, enamel paints and limited funds, is whispering: "Yeah, this is so cool older me! This is exactly what we always wanted!"